Momentive Announces First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
SAN MATEO, Calif. — May 4, 2023 — Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV), the maker of SurveyMonkey, today reported first quarter results for the period ended March 31, 2023.
Q1 2023 Key Results
- Total revenue was $118.8 million, an increase of approximately 2% year-over-year.
- Sales-assisted channel revenue was $46.7 million, an increase of 13% year-over-year. Sales-assisted channel revenue accounted for approximately 39% of total revenue, up from approximately 35% in Q1 2022. We ended the quarter with approximately 13,200 sales-assisted channel customers, down approximately 4% from roughly 13,700 in Q1 2022.
- Self-serve channel revenue was $72.1 million, a decrease of 5% year-over-year.
- Deferred revenue was $216.5 million, flat year-over-year. Remaining performance obligations were $245.5 million, flat year-over-year.
- Paying users totaled approximately 878,600, a decrease of 2% from roughly 894,400 in Q1 2022. Approximately 92% of our paying users were on annual plans, up from 91% a year ago.
- Average revenue per user was approximately $546, up 2% from approximately $535 in Q1 2022.
- GAAP operating margin was negative 17.9% and non-GAAP operating margin was 11.9%.
- GAAP net loss was $23.8 million and GAAP diluted net loss per share was $0.16. Non-GAAP net income was $12.1 million and non-GAAP diluted net income per share was $0.08.
- Net cash used in operating activities was $7.9 million and free cash flow was negative $10.0 million.
- Cash and cash equivalents totaled $199.1 million and total debt was $184.3 million for net cash of approximately $14.7 million as of March 31, 2023.
For a detailed explanation of the company’s non-GAAP measures, please refer to the appendix section of this press release. For more information on the company’s first quarter 2023 financial results, please visit the Momentive investor relations website at investor.momentive.ai.
Transaction with Symphony Technology Group
On March 13, 2023, Momentive announced it had entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by an investor consortium led by Symphony Technology Group (STG) in an all-cash transaction that values Momentive at approximately $1.5 billion. On April 27, 2023, the Company filed its definitive proxy statement related to the proposed acquisition and announced it will hold a special meeting of stockholders via live webcast on May 31, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. PT to approve the transaction.
The transaction is expected to close in the second or third quarter of 2023, subject to customary closing conditions, including approval by Momentive shareholders and the receipt of required regulatory approvals. The transaction is not subject to a financing condition.
In light of the Company’s pending acquisition, Momentive will not host a conference call or live webcast to discuss these financial results. Additionally, the Company is not providing financial guidance for Q2 2023 and full year 2023.
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV), maker of SurveyMonkey, empowers people with the insights they need to make business decisions with speed and confidence. Our fast, intuitive experience and insights management solutions connect millions of users at more than 330,000 organizations worldwide with AI-powered technology and up-to-the-minute insights, so they can shape what’s next for their products, industries, customers, employees, and the market. Ultimately, our vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
Investor Relations Contact:
Gary J. Fuges, CFA