Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Platform Engineering Team
The team takes care of many architecture components, that our feature teams us in a self-service manner to improve the overall product. This team is composed of System Engineers, Software Engineers in Test and Back-end Engineers.
What we're looking for
An experienced back-end engineer who can design and write high-quality, testable, reusable and clean code, is comfortable working within complex requirements, unclear specifications and many moving parts, and enjoys working in a collaborative environment.
- Build high-quality, tested and object-oriented code in modern PHP.
- Review PRs from your peers, participate in pair programming sessions and lead brainstorming whiteboard meetings.
- Write and contribute to design documents, architecture overviews and ADRs (architectural decision records).
- Help us build important and impactful features and changes to our robust microservices architecture using Kafka and Kubernetes.
- Create Docker containers and write Kubernetes resources through Helm that automate processes and adds functionality for other teams.
- Work with top engineers across multiple countries and timezones.
- Work with product teams rolling out new platform features and guide them where needed
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or DevOps.
- Experience with library and framework development.
- Experience designing applications for high volume traffic and high availability is a plus.
- Solid understanding of at least one high level programming language. Preferably PHP and/or Java.
- Some understanding of Microservices, REST APIs and Event sourcing.
- Knowledge of CI/CD, AWS, Kubernetes and Docker.
- Knowledge of Terraform and IaC
- Desire not just being an expert software engineer but an expert in OPS, Engineering but the entire environment where solutions live.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.