Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about the Product Content Strategy team
Our team makes sure customers always have the information they need, from the product to the help center, to transactional emails, and chat conversations. You'll write clear, concise UI copy that shapes the customer experience. You'll work alongside teammates who focus on help center and self-service content strategy.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a UX writer (content strategist, content designer, or whatever name you go by!) to join our team. You'll report to the UX Content Strategy Manager. This is not a marketing role.
This is the perfect role for someone interested in creating end-to-end experiences and who's an expert at designing with words—how a screen fits into the larger ecosystem matters just as much as what the words say. You'll work with designers and product managers and have a strong voice in product development. You're a terrific writer with a systems mindset who's thoughtful about sharing the reasoning behind your work. You'll provide strategic direction on high-priority projects and influence decisions that improve the customer experience.
- Write simple, direct, and human content that guides people through user flows (navigation, buttons, labels, tool tips, errors, notifications, and emails)
- Define the content strategy, information architecture, and terminology for a product area
- Work with product designers on prototypes and edit copy in Sketch and Figma
- Provide feedback on designs and advocate for solutions that balance business goals and customer needs
- Work with design, product, and engineering to understand the capabilities and constraints of products
- Contribute to style guidelines and improve workflows
- Prioritize inclusivity, accessibility, and localization
- Participate in user testing and share findings with your team
- Use data and research to guide and measure your work
- 3 years as a UX writer or equivalent experience
- Experience working on enterprise, business collaboration, or SaaS tools a plus
- Experience with content design and information architecture
- Strong writing and editing skills, making text shorter, friendlier, and easier to understand
- Experience partnering with design, product, and engineering teams
- A knack for giving and receiving feedback with empathy
- Experience working with autonomy, solving complex problems, and navigating changing timelines
- Zeal for collaboration—writing is a team sport!
Sample of relevant work required. It should illustrate your experience creating UX content and solving user problems with words. You may show us content you've created for user interfaces, microcopy, onboarding, transactional emails, style guides, or product launch content.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.