Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company’s vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
More about our Billing Team
Billing engineering is an important piece of Momentive platform responsible for supporting our subscription business. We are a close-knit team accountable for building secure, yet effective checkout experience for Momentive products. You will report to our Engineering Manager of Billing Platform.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Full stack Senior Software Engineer to join our billing team, who has a passion for solving complex and interesting problems.
- Our e-commerce platform handles 35+ different currencies. We're always looking to integrate with new payment service providers to increase our growth and business.
- We need to manage scale and growth. With customers all around the world, our services have to run all the time. The system you will work on supports the entire self serve purchasing flow of all of Momentive suite of products.
- We're a company that loves to make decisions with data. We're a people powered data company for a reason. We want to build a payments platform that can support A/B testing.
- Architect the e-commerce and payments platform with consistent service APIs.
- Build systems that handle customers' sensitive data with regards to the highest standards for security and compliance.
- Build a platform that can be consumed by third-party consumers for accepting payments securely.
- Develop high traffic, multi-region services.
- Top-to-bottom ownership of new features, including creating technical specs, writing readable code, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics.
- Design fault tolerant systems that can scale, and allow us to move quickly without affecting customer access.
- Build observable systems that track important metrics and automatically notifies when something is off.
- Mentor engineers on best practices.
- Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability.
- Foster the spirit of continuous improvement and learning amongst fellow engineers..
- 8 years of professional programming experience in a professional high scalability environment.
- Experience with backend and frontend web technologies.
- Culture of code reviews, writing technical specs, and collaborating with other people
- Experience in the e-commerce or payments/billing space.
- Efficient in SQL queries and design schemas for relational databases
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience building high-traffic systems
- Work in agile environments with frequent deployments
- Practice automated testing, believes and enforces good code quality and best engineering practices.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what’s next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region’s Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.