Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Authoring Experience EngineeringTeam
The Authoring Experience Team is at the heart of survey creation and response collection across the Momentive platform. We develop the experience which helps customers design the surveys to help them answer the burning questions about the next family gathering or PTA meeting, to more complex NPS and Customer Satisfaction challenges, and everything in-between. Through our close collaboration between UX and Product Management teams we design and create high quality survey taking features for our customers; from the individual up to large Fortune 500 enterprises.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Frontend Software Engineer who has a passion for solving challenging problems and developing new product features. All of this while maintaining our high quality and accessibility requirements. Your work will support the entire survey creation experience from creating and designing a survey through to setting up and sharing with respondents. Your technical work, experience, product ideas, and contributions will be extremely important to the success of the team. You will report to the engineering manager on the Authoring Experience team.
- Develop new features by creating technical specs, coding, and tracking post-release technical metrics while ensuring we meet our accessibility standards
- Create features using multi-variant experimentation to gain insights from our customers
- Focus on code testability through the use of industry standard tools such as WDIO
- Investigate and address issues with performance, security and maintainability
- Provide on-call support where needed to ensure we continue to meet our high-availability targets
- Participate in a large-scale rewrite of our systems from jQuery, REST, and Python into React, GraphQL and Node.js
- Bring your own ideas to the table, working with product, design and our partners to add value for our customers
- Experience with technologies such as Node.js, GraphQL, Python, and TypeScript
- Experience with Python web frameworks, or other languages like Ruby on Rails
- Experience developing features which meet WCAG Accessibility guidelines is a plus
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.