Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our GetFeedback Plan Team
The GetFeedback Platform was created to give every business insights into the experiences that their customers have with them. On the GetFeedback Plan Team, we are all about “Program Orchestration” - accelerating the time-to-value for those businesses to let them quickly create brand-new Customer Experience (CX) programs that integrate smoothly with their sales and support systems to explore every step of their customers’ journeys. We ensure they gather the most detailed and helpful feedback at each of those steps, surface the most valuable insights from it, and ultimately guide their actions to ensure they have the best and happiest customers in the world. The technical challenges to achieving this vision are both daunting and inspiring.
What we're looking for
As a Senior Software Engineer focusing in the Front End with a view across the stack, you will join a group of fellow engineers who are comfortable collaborating on all levels of the technology stack, committed to continuous improvement, and have no fear of daily deployments. You will take responsibility for defining how the team will build new features, contribute your code and expertise, and guide junior developers on their career journeys. The majority of this team sits in Canada and we are hoping to expand in this area.
- Participate in cross-organizational technical efforts to integrate distributed systems, build system-wide features, and refine development, build and deployment processes for improved quality and velocity.
- Build out services for scale and performance.
- Work with peers across all engineering teams to architect and build our platform services to simplify real-time observability and operational response to incidents and outages.
- Participate in code reviews and guide team discussions about software development standards.
- Mentor junior engineers
- 8+ years of professional experience with front-end development (Typescript, React, GraphQL) in Ruby on Rails or similar development frameworks in Java or Python.
- A desire to improve the services and customer experiences of the platforms you support.
- Experience provisioning, deploying and maintaining corporate multi-environment applications using tools such as Terraform, Helm, Kubernetes, GitLab, and CircleCI on AWS, Google Cloud or Heroku.
- Built and operated fault-tolerant multi-service web applications that can scale.
- Experience with DevOps, test-driven development, builds, frequent deployments and CI/CD.
- Fostered a culture of code reviews, writing tech specs, and working with peers in an agile manner.
- Experience with systems design, including operational design trade-offs.
- Mentored accomplished engineers ranging from junior to intermediate levels of experience
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.