Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Security Engineering Team
Our Security Engineering team is a small but extremely influential team whose mandate is to understand the entire SurveyMonkey application portfolio holistically, to aid in implementing security content and solutions through active development, partnering with other development teams and cross-functional partners.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a senior software developer who is passionate about fostering a security mentality through the introduction of tools and processes, and development of core common software components, all in the name of shifting security left in the software development lifecycle. You will be contributing to SurveyMonkey's ongoing drive to expand our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance. You will report to the Director of Security Engineering.
- Develop security content and capabilities directly and in partnership with other development teams to ensure development of security related content
- Promote a security-oriented development and testing culture within the development team through education and knowledge sharing
- Work with our Product and engineering teams to develop our security vision
- Provide both technical guidance to developers in adopting secure coding practices and a "shift left" mentality
- Contribute to projects to ensure completion and with a goal of providing contribution to software codebases managed and maintained throughout the engineering organization
- Prioritize learning and identify opportunities to adopt new technologies
- 8+ years of experience in web application development, with a focus on backend development
- Previous Security Software development experience
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language such as Python or Java
- Experience with web applications and web services-based applications, especially in a SaaS environment
- Working knowledge and past implementation experience in microservice architectures
- Experience writing REST APIs
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience conducting code reviews and mentoring others
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related degree, or equivalent
- Experience deploying scalable software with Docker, Ansible
- Experience with Cloud technologies, especially AWS
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.