Who we are and what we do
Momentive (NASDAQ: MNTV) (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our APIs & Integrations Engineering Team
One of the core strategies for Momentive is to provide thoughtful value to our customers through tight integrations with the enterprise ecosystem for relevant use cases across our vertical product offerings.
The foundational RESTful API infrastructure built on top of our platform will provide a unified approach to integrations and developer enablement across our market. The API platform strategy will power high value solutions and experiences embedded within our ecosystem while also allowing contextual insights and machine learning models by delivering data integrations.
What we're looking for
The Director of Engineering will report to our Senior Director of Engineering and you will manage the design and implementation of our next-generation API.
You will be responsible for growing a small but influential team, whose mandate will be to understand our API strategy holistically (both internally and externally), and partner cross functionally to build a unified public facing API framework that provides integrated value across products in our portfolio. This will involve understanding the current state of play, architecting long-term vision, and working with developers across the entire engineering organization to transform our API strategy.
- Understand the existing platform, product capabilities, and integration needs of our customers and partner cross functionally with product partners and wider engineering team to provide a vision and 3 year roadmap for the API and integrations platform strategy
- Build and foster an excellent team to work on the API roadmap and promote the vision both to our internal and external customers
- Build our API infrastructure with the right security, admin, performance and management controls to ensure scalable, repeatable and broad adoption across multiple products and integrations
- Define and drive a strong API culture within the development team through education and knowledge sharing
- 8+ years experience designing and building API driven services in world-class enterprise SaaS platform products that solve impactful partner/customer integration needs
- Deep understanding of APIs and you care deeply about the experience APIs provide to developers and customers
- Experience with API technologies including REST/gRPC including API callouts, Webhooks, file-based integrations, etc.
- Experience with web applications and web services-based applications, especially in a SaaS environment
- Proficient in Python or equivalent; PHP, Ruby on Rails or NodeJS experience a plus
- Working knowledge of network protocols and web related protocols (ie, TCP/IP, REST, HTTP, HTTPS, IPsec)
- Demonstrated experience in working with teams distributed across multiple locations
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.