Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company’s vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
More about our Notifications Team
One of the most popular ways for our customers to distribute their surveys is by email. Momentive sends over 1 billion email messages per year, and our Notifications Platform team manages the services and APIs which make that possible. We don't just do emails, though! True to our name, we also provide comprehensive push notification services to our mobile clients. In the future the Notifications Platform team is expanding to provide email, in-product, and mobile push notifications to the entire Momentive suite of products.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Notifications Platform team who has a passion for solving complex and interesting problems. Your work will span the stack with projects involving both backend and frontend development. Momentive has evolved beyond our original core survey offering to include a host of other products, e.g. Enterprise, Market Research and Developer API for third party integrations. Our platform must grow to encompass all of the products in our portfolio to ensure a seamless and consistent experience for our customers. We welcome your new ideas and fresh perspectives which can help grow our team, and our solutions both internally and with our customers. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Notifications Platform team.
- Develop and maintain high traffic services across multiple data centers
- Work with product owners and frontend team on features that impact backend services and frameworks
- Build new features to support our customers and internal clients, including creating tech specs, writing code, and keeping tabs on post-release metrics
- Design fault tolerant systems that can scale, and allow us to move quickly without affecting customer access
- Build observable systems that track important metrics and automatically notifies when something is off
- Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Focus on code quality and writing reliable tests, to detect problems early. Participate in code reviews.
- Mentor engineers on best practices
- Prioritize learning and identify opportunities to adopt new technologies
- Be part of engineering on call rotation.
- Have 8+ years of experience in web application development, including both backend and frontend.
- Experience with technologies such as Python, Node.js, GraphQL, and TypeScript
- Experience with relational databases, writing efficient SQL queries and designing schemas for relational databases.
- Experience with REST APIs and coding against external services
- Experience with distributed systems and backend service development
- Experience working in an Agile environment with frequent deployments
- Experience conducting code reviews, writing tech specs and mentoring others
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent in relevant work experience
Nice to Haves
- Experience with Git and Jira
- Docker, Splunk, considered pluses
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.