Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company's vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at Momentive.ai.
More about our Cloud Engineering Team
The Cloud Engineering Team has guided SurveyMonkey through its transformation to the Cloud. From a provisioning perspective we need to grow the team to be able to continue innovating and productionize new technologies for the company. The tools and service the provisioning team runs provides the bedrock on which all our micro services run. As we make our final push towards being a full AWS shop the time has come to unlock the power of the Cloud!
What we're looking for
The Cloud Engineering Team - Provisioning is looking to expand the offerings we provide our internal engineering teams. You will help guide the direction infrastructure takes towards modernizing our scheduled compute cluster offerings. With a strong background in systems engineering and experience in the cloud you will be able to select the best tools and technologies, help make sure they scale and adapt to our business needs while also keeping an eye on how to support them and make sure they run with high availability. With an eye towards the future we will also continue to support our existing hybrid data center solution and make sure our production site runs smoothly 24/7. You will report to the Senior Manager of Infrastructure Engineering.
- Document, design and develop modern scheduled compute clusters
- Scale the clusters, on-demand in a highly available manner
- Factor in disaster recovery into all designs
- Utilize Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for your infrastructure changes
- Help maintain our existing hybrid infrastructure solutions
- Monitor and support systems running in production
- Mentor other engineers on how to use our services
- Work in a highly collaborative team
- Take part in a shared on-call rotation
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with AWS technologies and ecosystem
- Competent in shell scripting and high-level programming languages
- An understanding of one or more scheduled compute clusters: Kubernetes, Fargate, AWS ECS, Docker Swarm
- Understanding of Linux internals (we favor Ubuntu)
- Strong understanding of Docker
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) systems such as: Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt
- Exposure to security constructs such as: SSL/TLS, Secrets Manager, Vault, ACM
- Experience documenting systems
- A background in test driven development
Nice to Haves
- Experience of Git and JIRA
- Object oriented programming
- Observability tools such as: Splunk, NewRelic, DataDog, CloudWatch, CloudTrail
- Networking protocols (DNS, HTTPs, etc)
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what's next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We've won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org's Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region's Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.