Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company’s vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
More about our Wufoo Team
Our team is creating a next-generation online forms platform. You will work with Wufoo Engineering Managers, Engineering Working Groups, Product Managers, and Designers to define and guide the implementation of engineering solutions. In addition, you will also work to ensure the health and stability of the legacy application and systems that are in use by millions of Wufoo users.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer focusing on backend and frontend systems for the Wufoo engineering team. We're a small and independent team focused on rebuilding one of Momentive’s earliest acquisitions. Our team has the autonomy of a startup while also benefiting from the infrastructure, tooling, process, and design systems of the wider organization, giving us the best of both worlds!
- Author, review, approve, and implement technical requirements and designs
- Contribute and guides architectural decisions and approaches
- Assist and mentor engineers in the design, build, scaling, and monitoring of our next generation online forms service
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship for our engineers
- Help analyze, diagnose, and create engineering processes that help us focus on core values of customer centricity, agile releases, developer productivity, and quality
- 12+ years of professional programming experience shipping quality code
- Excellent command of web standards, API design, and systems architecture
- Expertise in developing and deploying at-scale modern web applications
- Expertise in Python and ReactJS (required)
- Expertise in PHP is a plus (desired)
- Experience in Cloud SaaS applications and architecture
- Passion to promote best practices and engineering standards to the team, to lead adoption of new technologies, and to mentor other developers
- Experienced in both driving green-field developments as well as maintaining legacy systems
- Experienced in agile, test-driven development, builds, and frequent deployments
- Enthusiasm for doing code reviews and collaborating within and across teams, and troubleshooting issues
- Strong lateral-thinking and cross-disciplinary experience
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what’s next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region’s Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities. Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.