Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company’s vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
More about our Strategic Partnerships Team
As a Research Director for Financial Services, you will be a part of the Strategic Partnerships team -- a research and alliances group that works across the company to create value for customers. We deliver data that showcase Momentive’s unique capabilities and great benefits as a technology partner. We've launched technology partner programs to spur digital transformation, helped secure major strategic investments and new revenue, and our work is routinely featured in the media. Our broad remit covers technology, media, data, and innovation partnerships. While we're not in sales, product, engineering, marketing, or finance, we help lead teams and work directly with our C-suite to drive impact on our most important strategic plans. You will report to the Chief Research Officer.
What we're looking for
You have a sense for what's moving markets today, and are excited to identify the trends that will define our collective lives in the years ahead. You are motivated to gauge, probe, and explain consumer sentiment and behaviors across multiple sectors. You have experience synthesizing complex information and are gifted at communicating in writing and "on air," whether on TV, on the radio, or other platforms. We're looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter with exceptional organization, planning, and execution capabilities. You also have a proven ability to build productive cross-functional relationships and work with senior management and external parties. A background in research and financial services is helpful.
- Set and execute a diverse research program on consumer behavior and investment trends, with a focus financial services
- Emulate a top-tier investment analyst covering the big trends driving the future performance of top companies
- Evaluate potential research and data partnerships for both feasibility and impact on business outcomes
- Identify and prioritize potential partners and represent Momentive externally in those discussions
- Represent Momentive data publicly in the media and at conferences
- Establish success KPIs, report on key partner metrics regularly, and help launch new initiatives to scale partnership outcomes
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in economics, management, finance, or other business related fields
- 8+ years of work experience
- Experience in "on air" media, whether on TV, on the radio, or other platforms
- Success at managing cross-functional projects
- Data modeling, critical thinking, and presentation skills
- Experience in measuring, tracking, and predicting consumer sentiment, consumer behavior, and investor perceptions
- MBA and 2+ years in top-tier management consulting, investment banking, or private equity strongly preferred
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what’s next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region’s Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.