Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company’s vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
More about our Partners & Integrations Team
We are all about developers - no really! We are the public face for external developers for Momentive by the Developer Platform (developer.surveymonkey.com). We also build the high traffic, high availability Public APIs for Momentive (developer.surveymonkey.com/api/v3/). On top of that, we also have the charter to build and expand upon the in-house built Apps and our several hundreds of 3rd party Apps ecosystem (surveymonkey.com/apps). We work with a diverse set of technologies, frameworks, and programming languages. We have both the scope and depth of engineering challenges to solve. We're also starting the process of re-envisioning what the future of Developer Platform, Public APIs, and Apps looks like for the next few years - which is where you fit in!
What we're looking for
We are looking for a very senior technical teammate who has a passion for solving new and interesting problems. We welcome new ideas and fresh perspectives that you bring with yourself which can help grow our team, and our platform both internally and with our customers. Your contributions will be extremely important to the success of the team through your technical work, experience, and leadership. You will oversee the technical strategy and the platform for high impact strategic integrations and solutions that provide high value to our customers. You will report to our Engineering Manager for Partners & Integrations. This is a remote-friendly position.
- Layout the technical architecture and engineering roadmap for the team across all our services and multiple geographic regions.
- Lead multiple technical projects by working with product managers, UX designers, developers, and QA to ensure we build scalable solutions with quality in mind.
- Promote best practices and prioritize learning and identify opportunities to adopt new technologies.
- Guide technical innovation, engineering standards for the team and across the company.
- Be a trusted technical lead for the team in matters of technical architecture and planning.
- 12+ years experience in web application development across the full stack (Backend and Frontend).
- Extensive experience with multiple Backend and Frontend web technologies.
- Made significant contributions to technical guidelines, architecture, and operating procedures for large and high-traffic projects.
- Mentored accomplished engineers ranging from junior to senior levels of experience.
- Degree in Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what’s next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region’s Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.