Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company’s vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
More about our Data Infrastructure Team
You will sit within the central data organization at Momentive and help provide applicable insights. This team builds robust, extensible, and scalable data and BI solutions. These solutions could be a combination of source-of-truth datasets, daily/hourly pipelines, dashboards, visualization tools, and alerting. You will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Data Engineering.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a data engineer to join a team of experienced data engineers and data architects to build and manage the end-to-end data pipelines (batch and streaming) using modern cloud technologies.
- Design, architect and build data pipelines to support existing data models
- Data quality: build quality checks in the end-to-end data pipelines
- Build new Data models (Fact vs Dimension). Write performant/idempotent transformations in Snowflake
- Build data pipeline using Python scripting (in a modular/loop context) Write well-tested, production ready code in Python and Snowflake SQL
- Hands-on experience implementing ETL (or ELT) best practices
- Translate requirements, to technical specifications, form project scope, and provide deployable code.
- Write complex data engineering Snowflake - SQL jobs that perform queries on the entirety of our datasets
- 5+ years experience in data engineering and Data warehousing technologies
- 3+ years experience in Snowflake/ETL
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools using Airflow, Luigi etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, RDS etc
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience in scheduling, automating and deploying production data pipelines using Airflow/Luigi, etc
- Experience with tools such as DBT, Matillion or Talend other similar technologies
- Experience with transforming, developing data structures, metadata, dependency and data workflows to support an Analytics function
- In-depth knowledge of Data lakes, EDW concepts, data modeling (Star, Snowflake and Galaxy schemas)
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what’s next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region’s Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.