Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company’s vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
More about our Market Research Demand Engineering Team
The Momentive Market Research platform helps businesses understand market needs, industry trends, and buyer feedback. We have agile engineering, product, and design teams dedicated to enhancing our offerings in this quickly evolving space. We're a high-growth business unit that is pushing the boundaries of 'innovation' for quantitative online survey data building automated solutions for some of our most valuable customers. We're competing head to head with incumbents (Qualtrics) and new brands (Zappi, Quantilope), so you can expect a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
The Market Research Demand engineering team is responsible for the buyer experience in the platform. We use data to guide our product development, with a heavy emphasis on using A/B testing as a tool for iterative development as we build new solutions and improve our existing products.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has a passion for solving challenging problems and developing new product features. Your work will span the stack, so you need to be able to work in the backend, while primarily focused on frontend development. Your technical work, experience, product ideas, and leadership contributions will be extremely important to the success of the team. You will report to the engineering manager on the Market Research Demand team.
- Develop new features by creating technical specs, coding, and tracking post-release technical metrics
- Mentor other engineers
- Promote best practices and clean software design
- Focus on code quality and writing reliable tests that detect problems early
- Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Promote experimentation throughout our product and engineering organization
- Bring your own ideas to the table, working with product, design and our partners to add value for our customers
- 8+ years of professional experience in development
- 5+ years experience in web application development with a focus on the frontend
- The ability to work with both co-located and remote engineers and cross-functional partners
- Experience with REST APIs and coding against external services
- Experience with technologies such as Node.js, GraphQL, Python, and TypeScript
- Experience with modern web frameworks, like Pyramid, Django, Flask, or Rails (Ruby)
- Hands-on coding experience in a culture of code and tech specification reviews
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what’s next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region’s Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.