Momentive study: ITDMs eye cyber threats
Cybersecurity is a growing priority for businesses, but only half of ITDMs are very confident in their organization’s cybersecurity measures.
- Cybersecurity a growing priority for businesses, but organizational support trails
- Only half of ITDMs are very confident in their organization’s cybersecurity measures
- Russia and China among the leading sources of concern for cybersecurity attacks, as the conflict in Ukraine and Russia heightens worries over cyber threats
Cybersecurity a growing priority for businesses, but organizational support trails
The vast majority (79%) of ITDMs say cybersecurity is a high priority for their organizations, with a similar percentage (83%) also saying that their organizations have increased spending in this area now compared with two years ago. Despite the greater importance of cybersecurity, only 61% believe that their team receives a great deal of organizational resources and support toward cybersecurity measures.
More than half (56%) of ITDMs report higher-than-normal turnover within their department within the last year, with 46% saying that the labor shortage has had a major impact on their team’s ability to perform when it comes to cybersecurity measures.
Only half of ITDMs are very confident in their organization’s cybersecurity measures
Four in five (83%) ITDMs are worried that their organization will be a target of a cyberattack within the next 12 months, but fewer express confidence in their organization’s ability to handle such threats:
- 51% are very confident that their organization can keep up with current cybersecurity threats or quickly resolve cyber attacks
- 56% are very confident that their organization can maintain current levels of cybersecurity
- 55% are very confident that their organization can respond to new cyber security threats
Russia and China among the leading sources of concern for cybersecurity attacks
The Ukraine-Russia conflict is raising concerns over cybersecurity threats: 74% of ITDMs are more concerned about attacks against their organization stemming from the conflict. Alongside China, Russia also leads the pack of countries that ITDMs are most worried about as a source of cyberattacks.
Click through all the results in the interactive toplines below: