Momentive study: ITDMs eye cyberthreats
Although cybersecurity is a growing priority for businesses, only half of ITDMs are very confident in their organisation’s cybersecurity measures.
- Cybersecurity is a growing priority for businesses, but organisational support trails
- Only half of ITDMs are very confident in their organisation’s cybersecurity measures
- Russia and China are among the leading sources of concern for cybersecurity attacks, as the conflict in Ukraine and Russia heightens worries over cyber threats
Cybersecurity is a growing priority for businesses, but organisational support trails
The vast majority (79%) of ITDMs say cybersecurity is a high priority for their organisations, with a similar percentage (83%) also saying that their organisations have increased spending in this area now compared with two years ago. Despite the greater importance of cybersecurity, only 61% believe that their team receives a great deal of organisational resources and support toward cybersecurity measures.
More than half (56%) of ITDMs report higher-than-normal turnover within their department within the last year, with 46% saying that the labour shortage has had a major impact on their team’s ability to perform when it comes to cybersecurity measures.
Only half of ITDMs are very confident in their organisation’s cybersecurity measures
Four out of five (83%) ITDMs are worried that their organisation will be targeted by a cyberattack within the next 12 months, but fewer express confidence in their organisation’s ability to handle such threats:
- 51% are very confident that their organisation can keep up with current cybersecurity threats or quickly resolve cyber attacks
- 56% are very confident that their organisation can maintain current levels of cybersecurity
- 55% are very confident that their organisation can respond to new cybersecurity threats
Russia and China are among the leading sources of concern for cybersecurity attacks
The Ukraine-Russia conflict is raising concerns over cybersecurity threats: 74% of ITDMs are more concerned about attacks against their organisation stemming from the conflict. Alongside China, Russia also leads the pack of countries that ITDMs are most worried about as a source of cyberattacks.
Click through all the results in the interactive toplines below: